The best 1800 compact (96%) mechanical keyboards are for users who want to have a compact-sized keyboard and at the same time have most of the keys of a full-sized keyboard.
For an 1800 compact keyboard, you can expect less space between each key which reduces the size a little bit.
Not only do they look cool, the compact design also creates a smoother typing experience.
Without further ado, these are the 10 best 1800 compact (96%) mechanical keyboards that we reviewed.
1. Keychron K4 Wireless Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- 100 keys and with Bluetooth connectivity for up to 3 devices
- 4000 mAh big battery that can last up to 7 days of normal use
- RGB backlight with up to 15 flashing light mode
- 50 Million keystrokes from the tactile brown switch
The best 1800 compact mechanical keyboard is the Keychron K4. The 100-key design of this compact keyboard covers all the keys that you need in your mechanical keyboard including the number pad on the keyboard layout while saving space.
This wireless compact keyboard has incredible connectivity that can connect to 3 different devices so you can seamlessly switch between devices.
Aside from the wireless functionality of the Keychron K4, you can also switch to the wired option. Mac users will also find Keychron K4 to be the best choice among compact keyboards because this keyboard was made with the Mac layout in mind. The Gateron Brown Switch also has top-of-the-line responsiveness.
Keychron K4 has an aluminum frame that makes it one of the most durable keyboards available.
With fun RGB backlight modes to choose from and remarkable battery life, Keychron K4 is a top choice among other buyers.
2. Akko Black & Cyan 3098
- 98 keys with hot-swappable switches
- Multiple connectivity modes (2.4Ghz, Bluetooth 5.0, and USB- Type C)
- PBT keycaps and Programmable keys
- Durable and resistant to wear
The Akko Black & Cyan 3098 has mechanical keys that are hot-swappable so you can customize if desired.
The Akko 3098 is also one of the few keyboards that have multiple connectivity modes – 2.4Ghz, Bluetooth 5.0, and USB- C so you can use this keyboard with different devices seamlessly.
This keyboard has an aluminum alloy frame that makes it durable and resistant to wear. The keycaps are also made of PBT, a double-shot material that is known for its durability.
3. Drop Shift Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- 99 Keys with Kaihua Speed Silver Hot-Swappable Switches
- 70 Million keystrokes
- Premium materials and aluminum frame
- Customizable backlighting and underlighting
The Drop Shift mechanical keyboard is one of the best compact mechanical keyboards with hot-swappable switches and fantastic durability of up to 70 million keystrokes, 20 million more than other keyboards on our list.
Aside from the Kaihua Speed Silver Switches, you can also be pair with Halo or Cherry MX Switches if you’d like.
Drop Shift’s keyboard also features a numpad and arrow keys that makes shifting from a full-sized keyboard to a compact keyboard much easier. The high-quality feel and materials make it worth your money while the aluminum frame delivers a sleek and elegant look.
It also has impressive RGB lighting controls that can easily blend in with any gaming setup.
4. FIRSTBLOOD ONLY GAME. B16 Gentiana
- 96 keys with Cherry MX Blue Switch
- PBT Keycaps and rubber feet for stability
- Magnetic Suction panel with a cover that can be easily removed
- 21 Lighting modes
The FIRSTBLOOD ONLY GAME. B16 Gentiana Mechanical Gaming Keyboard is another best 96 keyboard that has Cherry MX Blue Switches. These switches are known for their responsiveness, durability, and loud sound.
The FIRSTBLOOD ONLY GAME. B16 Gentiana Mechanical Gaming Keyboard comes with PBT keycaps that are wear-resistant and have a longer lifespan than ABS keycaps.
On the B16 Gentiana only the DEL and INS keys have been removed while still making it nice and small.
You’ll see all the other regular parts such as the numpad and arrow keys, but they will all be super compact and tight together.
The FIRSTBLOOD B16 has a magnetic suction panel at the bottom and comes with a cover that can be easily removed. It also features 21 lighting modes that you can customize according to your preference.
5. RK ROYAL KLUDGE RK100 Pro Wireless Mechanical Keyboard
- 100 keys and Gateron hot-swappable switch
- With 3 modes of connectivity ((2.4Ghz, Bluetooth, and USB- Type C)
- Newly developed driver and Double shot keycaps
- Aluminum frame and magnetic feet
The RK Royal Kludge RK100 is a fantastic 96% mechanical keyboard with an 1800 keyboard layout. This compact full keyboard delivers outstanding stability and durability with its aluminum frame and ergonomic angle.
Offering 3 modes of connectivity, the RK100 lets you switch between different connected devices with ease.
The PBT keycaps are wear-resistant and transmit stunning RGB lighting. You can customize the lighting and macros using the RK Royal Kludge Software.
6. Womier K98 96% Wired Mechanical Keyboard
- 98 Keys and with Gateron Brown Hot Swappable Switches
- Colored Pudding Keycaps with 24 keys replacement
- With a translucent case made from high-quality acrylic material
- A professional driver for customization
Womier’s K98 96% wired keyboard comes with high-quality innovative colored pudding keycaps. Not only does it look cool, but with these pudding keycaps RGB lighting can be seen more clearly.
The Gateron brown switches on the K98 are hot-swappable and known for their smooth and linear typing experience.
You’ll really feel the difference with this keyboard as the translucent case is made from high-quality acrylic material.
7. SKYLOONG SK96
- 100 keys with USB-Type C connection
- Gasket Mounting Style with a more cushioned feel
- Special design on Esc Key to avoid accidental presses
- With DIY tools included
The SKYLOONG SK96 is a plug and play, no-latency USB Type C keyboard that really packs a bunch.
Not only does it look incredibly cool, the gasket mount style also prevent direct contact of the plate which delivers a quieter and cleaner sound from the keys upon impact. It also features a three-stage leg brace for you to use depending on your preference.
If you’re into that Japanese esthetic then this one is the one for you.
8. YUNZII Keynovo IF98 98-Key 96% Keyboard
- 98 Keys with hot-swappable switches
- With PBT double shot keycaps
- Ergonomic cylindrical keycap tops
- Multiple RGB Backlight modes with programmable software
YUNZII’s Keynovo IF98 is made from high-quality materials and features an amazingly intuitive design. The hot-swappable design makes it easy for you to replace switches without having to solder.
As one of the best 1800 compact keyboards, the PBT double shot keycaps on this keyboard are durable and will not fade easily. You can also customize the RGB backlighting with different modes and colors with ease.
The Keynovo IF98 has an ergonomic design with cylindrical keycap tops that will fit your fingers perfectly and provide a comfortable typing experience. The anodized aluminum frame makes this keyboard sturdy and durable.
YUNZII also sells a similar model that comes in pink if you want that type of aesthetic.
9. Cherry G80-1800 Compact Keyboard
- 104 keys with Black Cherry MX Switches
- Programmable keys for efficient command executions
- Easy plug-and-play setup
- Compact at 16-inch design
The Cherry G80-1800 belongs features excellent responsiveness and precision due to the Cherry MX Black Switches. The 1800 layout of Cherry G80-1800 is a big space saver delivering a 16 inches compact keyboard design compared to a full-size keyboard.
Design-wise, it does look a bit different than the others on this list, as there is a bit more open area in certain parts but it feels fantastic.
All of the keys are easily programmable for your preferred use while the USB connection delivers lag-free and lightning-fast responses.
10. Flesports FL980 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- 98 keys with Kailh Box hot-swappable switches
- The case is made from ABS material and with PBT double shot keycaps
- With anti-ghosting feature
- USB type C connectivity
The Flesports FL980 has a hot-swappable design and is made from high-quality ABS plastic material with PBT double shot keycaps that are durable and will last for years.
The anti-ghosting feature prevents keystrokes from being registered incorrectly and size-wise, it’s the perfect little keyboard for those looking to save space on their desk, or go for that old-school type of look.